- Table of Contents
- Campaign Preview System Configuration
- Campaign Preview Mailing List Configuration
- Sending a Campaign Preview
GreenArrow Studio will send campaign previews.
Campaign Preview System Configuration
In order to begin sending campaign previews, the campaign preview delivery settings must first be configured. To do so, do the following steps.
- Sign in as a system admin
- Under the
- Review the current settings under the
Campaign Preview Defaultssection
Edit system configuration
- Configure all of
Preview From Email,
Preview From Name,
Preview Virtual MTA,
Preview URL Domain, and
Preview Bounce Emailin order to begin sending previews
Preview Subject Prefixis an optional setting. If specified, this string will be inserted in the subject of all previews sent from Studio, followed by the campaign’s subject.
Update system configurationto save your changes
After configuring the preview settings, there will now be a
Send a preview button when looking at a campaign which has content configured.
Campaign Preview Mailing List Configuration
Even though the system is configured to send previews, if you use any custom fields in your content you may want to optionally update the Mailing List configuration to add default values for your preview emails. Since preview email addresses don’t have any custom field data, the custom fields in your preview will be blank until you do the following:
- Go to the Mailing List that has the Campaign you want to preview.
- Click on the
Adminshortcut, or scroll to the bottom of the Mailing List to the Admin section.
- Scroll down to the
PREVIEW AND SEED CUSTOM FIELD VALUESsection.
- Populate the default values for any custom fields you want to use in your content.
Update this mailing listto save the changes.
Sending a Campaign Preview
- Go to the Campaign you wish to send.
- In the
Campaign Statussection of this page, click
Send a preview.
- Fill in the text box with the addresses to which you want to send the preview.
Send this preview.
- Emails will then be sent to the specified addresses containing the content of the campaign.
If the campaign had delivery settings specified already, then those will be used in the test mailing instead of the campaign preview defaults.
If you send a preview but don’t receive it, our command line reporting tool
hvmail_report can help you find out whether the email was delivered.