Acceptable Use Policy
We (GreenArrow Email) will not knowingly provide deliverability consulting services or server hosting in support of unsolicited bulk e-mail. We will not knowingly provide any services in support of illegal products, unlawful activities, or emailing sexually explicit content.
Cloud Acceptable Use Policy
Customers hosting their server with GreenArrow Cloud must abide by the following requirements. If we at GreenArrow Email determine that a customer is in violation of any of these, then we may terminate the hosting agreement, cancel or prevent access to accounts, remove data from our systems, or take whatever action we deem appropriate and reasonable in the situation, without refund.
- You may not send unsolicited bulk email or allow it to be sent.
- No sender may mail to any list of addresses that was acquired from someone else, unless each and every person on that list gave permission for that sender – and not the person from whom they got the list — to send them mail. This includes but is not limited to lists a sender purchased, leased, bartered for, were given, rented, stole, or found lying on the sidewalk. This includes lists gotten from appending services.
- Just to be clear: email appending is not allowed. Neither are bought lists.
- No sender may mail to an address after permission has been revoked, including (but not limited to):
- Reporting a message as spam (as reported to the sender via a feedback loop).
- Any bounce that clearly indicates that the address does not exist or is not functional (“no such address” for example).
- All mail must comply with the current CAN-SPAM regulations and whatever laws are applicable in the business location of the sender.
- No sender may include in any message material that is in violation of any other party’s rights, including but not limited to copyrights and trademark use.
- No domain name used in our system as the reverse DNS name for an IP address can be registered in such a way as to hide or falsify the information in the WHOIS record. That means you may not use “whois privacy protection” or anything having similar effect for these domains.
- Every message must clearly and accurately identify the sender, in such a way that the recipient can easily recognize the sender and associate the message with the permission given. Don’t impersonate a person or organization that you’re not.
- If one or more of the IP addresses through which you’re sending email is blocked or blacklisted, make every effort to get unblocked or delisted as quickly as possible — including contacting the blocking party, but also possibly changing your mailing habits, improving list hygiene, and whatever else might be reasonably required. If you’ve purchased Deliverability Consulting from us, cooperate with the consultant on your account to the same extent.
Note: Any GreenArrow Email cloud customer acting as an ESP (“white label” or otherwise) must at minimum police their customers according to these policies. You can be more strict if you like.
Customers hosting their server with GreenArrow Cloud may not send email promoting, advertising, offering, or including the URLs of or links to certain types of services, products, or content, or businesses or web sites that do so. These include:
- Illegal goods or services
- Sexually explicit content
- Material that violates another party’s rights, including copyrights and trademarks
- Sale or transfer of lists of email addresses
- Malware of any type (including viruses, bots, trojans, worms, and so on)
- Multi-level marketing (MLM)
- Payday loans, credit repair, “get out of debt” services
- Lead generation
A few of the terms above have a history of being used in different ways by different people, so in case you’re unsure of what, exactly, we mean and want clarification, here’s how we define them:
- Unsolicited = An email is unsolicited when the recipient has not granted prior permission for the message to be sent.
- Bulk = A bulk email is one in which the message is sent as part of a larger collection of messages, all having substantively identical content.