GreenArrow Engine’s primary function is to deliver email after it is injected. This process is controlled using the following settings:
- VirtualMTAs control what IP address, relay server, or pool of other VirtualMTAs are used to deliver email.
- Throttling is used to control how quickly email is delivered.
- Dynamic Delivery adds a layer of intelligence to throttling by allowing you to configure rules which dynamically adjust how quickly GreenArrow attempts to deliver mail based on how much mail is being accepted, bounced, or deferred.
Delivering email is also impacted by the following:
- GreenArrow’s Retry Schedule is used when a delivery attempt is either deferred or throttled.
- GreenArrow’s Internal DNS Cache is used to improve performance.