Internal DNS Cache
GreenArrow maintains an internal DNS cache that it uses to speed up message delivery. Here are some of its attributes:
- It’s always on and is only accessible by GreenArrow.
- It does not conflict with other DNS servers, such as BIND.
- It does not have any configurable settings.
- It caches DNS records for a maximum of 6 minutes, so if an upstream resolver problem is fixed or a DNS record is changed, it may take up to 6 minutes for the internal cache to attempt a new lookup.
- It is a completely separate system from the Legacy Recursive DNS Server.